Monday, May 23, 2011
1st tooth.....saying goodbye
Thursday May 19th was a big day for Kai! After two years of LONGING to lose a tooth, he finally did. And guess what? It was his very first baby tooth he got when he was 7 months old....sniff, sniff. Well, here's how it went: He once again informed me that he had a loose tooth. He had been doing this for several months, and after putting him off many times I went over to do the "test". I looked in his mouth and much to my surprise he already had a BIG tooth through behind his baby tooth. That night he begged me to pull it and I can't even begin to explain how EXCITED he was! He was a trooper and had a huge smile the entire time. He could not stop talking about his lost tooth and wanted to call up everyone he knew to share the news. He put it under his pillow that night and he could not wait for the tooth fairy to come...The tooth fairy almost forgot until she woke up at 2:00am and realized she had NOT put anything under his pillow. That was a close call! Kai woke up to a surprise of $5.50(-: Before I pulled his tooth I shared with him the story of the day I lost mine. Afterwards he kept asking me questions like "Mom, did your mouth feel funny after you lost your first tooth? and "Did you cry when you lost your first tooth"? It was a precious day and the excitement still has not worn off. Now it's time to welcome the "cute oversized teeth for the size of your face" years! Awe! Boy does he look so grown up already...sob, sob. Congratulations Kai!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How funny! Ella lost her first tooth last week Wednesday!! For some reason loosing a tooth was harder on me than sending her to kindergarten!
Post a Comment