


I'm not sure if it was the addition of Becket or designing the new house that allowed me to fall off the blogging scene, but I wanted to do a quick catch up of our summer. Here are some pics that capture our lives this past month and a recap of what's been going on with the Nieuwenhuis'.
June was pretty consumed with packing and moving into our new house. The move went well and Luke and I worked our tails off to get settled. We still have an entire basement full of unpacked goods, but that will just have to wait to be unleashed as a winter project. We all are loving our new place and its nice to finally have a place called home. Our neighbors are great and the kids are having a ball getting to know everyone. And I mean EVERYONE! And just when you think you've escaped the mess of an unlandscaped yard (rental), you move into a house that has one of the only open lots next to it! Its filled with trees and poison ivy and of course the boys spend most of their day there building forts and "raking" the dirt! I'm getting used to living on the "other side" of town, but I do miss being so close to great shopping! Our pocket books dont though. Heeheee I have however found a few parks, the closest Starbucks and a new local sitters. What more can a mom of 3 ask for? Kai attended VBS at a church down the street for the 1st time and had a riot. I think his favorite part about the week was meeting about 10 pre-teen girls that just adored him. I'm not sure what it is about this kid and girls, but he's definately got the charm. Every day they would make sure they found him and gave him big hugs goodbye. And the last day...you would have thought they were losing their best friend. Very cute. Kai also participated in swim lessons in Zeeland and had a great time. His last report was "The kid has no fear". Enough said. Little Aria is becoming more sassy. She will not leave the house without her purse and it must be filled with random objects that she has attached herself to that day. Jewelry is her favorite thing and she always seems to get people to let her "borrow" their jewels when they come over. Daddy is in trouble! She's determined to ride her tricycle even though her feet barely touch the petals. And shoes...she will beg me for anything sparkly, clomp around in daddies often, and be the first to say they hurt her feet! Becket learned to sit up in June too! It was literally over night. One day I sat him down and he just stayed there. He was pretty proud of his accomplishment. He's working on his two bottom teeth and we expect those to pop here shortly. He talks constantly, is trying to crawl and really likes his johhny jumper! He's such a happy, jolly little boy and we cant kiss his fat little cheeks enough. For Father's Day, we had the priviledge of seeing my whole family and spent it at my brother's cottage. It was fun as always to see each other and the kids got some good bonding time in with their cousins. My sister and her hubby also spent a few days with us here at our house. My sister and I spent an afternoon at the beach and the guys joined us after a round of golf for dinner. It's been a long time since we've been able to catch up with just the four of us. Good times! Luke took a trip to India and is now in South Africa. It's definately challenging when he's away. I'm hoping this is it for travels for the rest of the summer!
And July, when did IT arrive? We started it off by seeing Mat Kearney in concert- it was a great show! We spent the week/weekend of the 4th in Grand Haven-we hung out with friends and got in a little beach time. Becket loved the sand, but babies and sand dont mix well. I'm not sure why I'm so anxious to get my babies loving the beach, but each time, reality strikes within minutes. Over a period of 10 minutes he was eating it, spitting up which attracted more sand to his body, and ended his experience with a face plant (eyes open) into the sand. He still kept smiling throughout it all. And whenever he is even near the water, heavy breathing begins. He LOVES,LOVES,LOVES the water. Next year will be more relaxing(-: Story of our life(-:
And while life is busy and sometimes hectic, my new summer resolution is to slow down, cherish these moments, and daily thank Jesus for everything he has blessed us with! (including all of you!) Happy Summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment