I really can't believe the day is here. Since last year, you have anticipated the day you would start 1st grade. Part way through your Kindergarten year you kept counting down the days until you would be in first grade. This morning you woke up before we had to wake you up. This doesn't happen often. You were all smiles. Mommy & Daddy had a few minutes to spend alone with you as we talked about your day. You were SO proud. Mommy took you outside to snap a few photos. You were so patient as you stood there and at one point you said "Mom, I feel a little nervous". Oh my goodness, it was so cute. I told you about "butterflies" and that you had no reason to be nervous! You were going to have the best day ever! You just smiled back at me and it was then and there that I started having flashes of the day you were born. I go through this every year, but you just looked so grown up to me this year. We got you in the car and of course you pulled a "Kai" and asked if 1st graders had to sit in a booster still. I know you felt like you were hot stuff, but come on, no car seat!? Haha. Oh Kai, I just love you so much. And I REALLY do think you are going to have the best 1st day ever. Actually, I think the whole year is going to be great and I can't wait to watch you grow this year. Love you my little (big) man!
Mommy
![]() |
| Add caption |
Dear Aria,
Oh my precious girl. Sassy in every way, but sweeter than pie. You couldn't wait to get up this morning either and you popped out of bed so fast when I whispered to you that it was your first day of school. I'm sure that will last about 2 days because I know how much you like mornings(-: You got to sleep in almost an hr later than your brother-whew! You couldn't wait to tell Becket & Carys that it was your 1st day of school. You were chatting it up from the moment you woke up. I had a few alone minutes with you as we curled your hair. You told me that I needed to come to Grammy's in the morning whenever you stay there so that I could fix you hair! Haha- you are so random! We got in some curls and you had your favorite "breakfast bar". We headed out for Grand Rapids Christian.....it takes about 15-20minutes to get there. What was Mommy thinking?! It was a bit of a chore getting your brother and sister out of the house. Way too hard to "rush" them anywhere. You fed your sister a bottle in the car. We arrived and Mommy loaded up Carys in the stroller and we walked in. You skipped. We found your locker. Even though you insisted on having your own locker just like Kai, you were happy to see that you are sharing it with one of your friends that attends the afternoon sessions! You walked right in and immediately went over to the kitchen set where you pretended to make sandwiches with another little girl and boy. You were sad to say goodbye to Carys- you kept touching her hands and saying "I will see you soon!" You are SO excited to learn Spanish and talk to Kai. I'm excited that you will be going to a school that teaches you about our Creator and places importance on serving Him. When I picked you up, you were all smiles. You were quiet at first, but now you can't stop talking about your day and recited all of the "rules". At this very moment, you are trying to "read" a Spanish book to Becket. You are going on and on. Oh, how I love you Aria. Can't wait to see you grow this year at GRCS!


No comments:
Post a Comment