Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Tree...

Before you start thinking that I got all creative and crafty, I must preface this post by saying that I stole this concept from another blog and gave it my own twist. (just as I always do!) I loved the concept of reflecting over the month of November about all the things we are thankful for. Sure, we thank Jesus every night for many of these things, but this became a daily thought provoking process. So, we gathered up some branches from our yard (thankfully the night before there was a big wind storm so we had lots of them!) I removed our pretty fake flowers (sarcasm) from our entry vase and filled them with bare branches. We ventured over to Michaels where I found some cute little glittery leaves (bonus that I didnt have to buy a die-cut or cut them all out myself like I had originally planned!) and sassy ribbon. And of course a cart filled with 50 more dollars worth of junk! Can anyone go to Michaels for just ONE item? Ever? Anyways, I got the stuff home, the kids got busy holepunching and stringing ribbon and I explained to them the concept.  Over the next several days, each morning over breakfast we reflected on the one thing we were thankful for that day. They took this very seriously and would argue over who or what they were going to write that day- "NO KAI! I'm thankful for Jesus!" and the battle went on. No really, their responses were just sweet to the core. Some of them read: Jesus, Grammy & Papa, Baby Sister from Efiopia (this was several days in a row), Turtle (this was Beckets response on repeat-turtle is his beloved pillow pet), Our house, Auntie Tami & Hannah, lovies, and the list goes on. Excited to see what will be on next years tree(-:

So thankful! It got a little fuller than this, but you get the picture!

No comments: