Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happy Birth "Month" to ME!!





Today I officially turned 31...uggghhh...I remember this day very well last year. It was the exact same weather as usual- "rain"- and I was still throwing up with "all day sickness" from being pregnant with Aria.

Growing up, my mom and dad always made us kids birthdays so special. It was the one day of year that we always looked forward to and it didn't go off without a bang. I remember awesome birthday parties and great presents! So next time you bawk at me throwing our child an outrageous b-day party, just remember that I can't help it(-: Seeing as these days were always so much fun, my sister and I decided that we wanted the fun to last at least ALL month...therefore the "Birthmonth" was invented.

My "birthmonth" has been great! Tuesday afternoon, my "work girls" took me out for an afternoon in Grand Haven. We had a wonderful lunch, got our AWESOME pedicures at Meijer (this was a joke for the longest time, now we made it happen) and ended the afternoon for a few cocktails at the Bil-Mar deck. Everytime we're together we have so much fun laughing and carrying on....I've included a few pics of our escapade. As you can see, the martini's kicked in at the nail salon where "Insighmaya" gave us a pedicure. We also experimented with the fake hands that they had out on display. Too fun! Thanks girls for the date and a big thanks to Grammy & Papa Nieuwenhuis for watching the kids all afternoon!

Tonight my lovely husband and kiddies are taking me out for dinner and I'm excited to spend some family time together. I'm leaving this weekend for Ludington where me and my college girlfriends will be "camping". Yes, I said camping....we'll see if we have as much fun as we used to. I can see us going to the local hotel for the night after we struggle to remember how to set up a tent! Haahaa! Just kidding, I'm really looking forward to it. It's not often that we see eachother any more so we need some "campfire" time to catch up.

Thank you to all of you who have showered me with cards, phone calls and gifts today. Even though I am aging, birthdays can never grow old(-:

4 comments:

Krista said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANINE! Ah, I too remember last year's birthday well...when we found out you were pregnant!

Bradi said...

Happy B-day J9. What a NICE husband you have to let you go out of town!!! How did you manage that??

Anonymous said...

OH what fun that was...my big toe is still smudged, but my polish is still on:) Sooo excited about your camera, was there ever any doubt you would get it? Have you been drinking any martinis out of your new glass?? Love ya

Anonymous said...

Ps...thanks for posting those Lovely photos:)