Thursday, July 26, 2007

I miss my "Nanny".....
























Building a bear!










Yes, I got my hair chopped 7 inches!!









Last Friday I saw my 9 year old niece, Hannah (or "Hannah Cousin" as Kai calls her), off on an airplane back to TX (who flew here all by herself!) I think I shed a few tears when she left. Now I can understand why people pay thousands of dollars a year to have a "nanny". For a 9 year old, she sure did well at keeping Kai entertained and lugging Aria around every time she would fuss. We made so many fun memories over the past week and we miss her dearly.

Some of our fun events included:
* Going to Build A Bear where Hannah and Kai "built" their own bear- (when Kai was still in the womb, I bought a recorder from there and had his heartbeat recorded at a checkup- we put that in his new bear as he built it and everytime its played he says in the cutest voice "thats my heartbeat!" )The kids built matching bears and named them "Buddy" and "Ruby Sue". Of course they had help from Aunt Nena and Uncle Luke(-:

* Spent a morning at The Children's Museum

* Went out to Grand Haven; played on the beach, walked the boardwalk and of course got our favorite icecream

* Had a girls night and made King Crab for dinner and went shopping

* Set aside an afternoon and worked on "scrapbooking" together- of course while the kids were sleeping- Hannah did several pages of Aria and I worked on her baby book
* Drove home to Grammy and Grandpa Link's house for a few days: ate homemade apple pie, played cards, went swimming, played in the rain and had a great campfire!

We love you Hannah!



Ps. Do you still have your coe-ca-lot toes? (The first thing Kai noticed were her freshly manicured toes that had polka dots painted on them- he couldnt get over the pretty coecalots!)

No comments: