Monday, July 30, 2007

TA DAAAAAA......







For many years now I have always had an interest in photography. I remember when I was young I purchased my first "real" camera at around age 12 -it was a Minolta Maxim (it was used and at the time $250 of my paper route money was alot!) My girlfriends and I would pretend to be models and we would photograph eachother. Eventually I ended up trading it in to my brother in law who had coveted it for a few years in order to buy a car. Sad day)-: Ever since then I have always wanted a "good" camera. Something that I could take great pictures of my kids with and not have that annoying delay that most digital cameras have. Shortly after I quit my job, I started researching cameras. I talked to several photographers and professionals to get opinions on a "good one". I ended up narrowing it down to the Canon Rebel xti- the only problem......it was quite pricey. So, I started dropping hints to my hubby. I often would justify my big purchases on Aria's newborn/3mo/6mo/9mo/12mo pictures and give him a friendly reminder that if I had "THAT" camera, it could save him alot of money in the long run(-:Well on July 26th (my birthday) my dream came true. Luke started off with giving me the humungo memory card and stated it was for our current camera. Then he cleverly gave me a camera bag and said it was so that I could carry our video cam and current digital cam together. Just as he was saying that, Kai lugs over a big box and all out of breath drops it at my feet. TAA DAAA!!!! There it was...a thing of beauty...something I've been dreaming about for awhile now....The Canon Rebel xti- the good lense and all! I've been taking pictures non stop ever since- next big purchase will need to be a new hard drive for our computer so I can save all of those pictures(-: I LOVE IT! This fall I would like to take a photography class since I'm pretty clueless about how to use it nor do i have any good lighting techniques. I'm excited to embark on this new hobby. Thanks Hubby for the special gift!

No comments: