Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Birthday Girl

Smacking that crown!Blowing out candles

Aria turned 3 on March 2nd! We've had such a fun month celebrating. The day of her birthday, she got to open presents from our family, we went out for dinner and to the opening night of the butterly exhibit at the Meijer Gardens. The kids had a ball! They had all sorts of activities and all three enjoyed dancing to the African band. Not a shy bone in this family! They got tattoos and were able to hunt for butterflies in the dark with flashlights. Unfortunately, I left my camera at home)-: Then last Sunday we celebrated with the birthday bash she sooo deserved. I was going to go low key again this year and Luke reminded me of all of Kai's fun parties, so she was due. We had it at GR Gymnastics-what fun! After the kids played and did a few activities we had a quick "dinner" (thanks to Costco!)and her requested pink and purple princess cake. I thought it was quite ugly, but she LOVED it and that's what matters(-: It did taste yummy! Everyone had fun beating the princess crown pinata-we had some strong hitters in our bunch! There were times Aria was a bit taken back by all of the attention and would stand there with this look of embarrassment on her face. I just chuckled. Ever since that day, she's been asking me when her next birthday is...she wants another gymnastics party! Great, see what we've started!

No comments: